This week, we’re looking at a few great time saving tips for busy parents.
Disclosures: The links in this post may contain affiliate links through which I can receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if you make a purchase after clicking on my link
1. Dry Shampoo. Even if you manage to find the time to shower, goodness knows the 2 year old will be pulling the curtain aside before you’ve got time to wash, rinse, and repeat.
2. Shop online whenever possible.
3. Develop a cleaning cheat sheet of your own. Better to spend 10 minutes tidying up each evening than 4 hours each weekend.
4. Make use of your lunch hour. I know, it can be super tempting to spend 45 minutes playing Pet Rescue Saga while you enjoy your sandwich, but those 45 minutes can be better put to use paying bills, scheduling out the week, or making a meal plan.
5. Get the kids involved. Even my one year old helps clean up before bed time. Give them a clear, consistent task and you’ll see a difference in no time.
6. Make lists. We have a white board in our two biggest rooms that have “one minute tasks” on them – got a minute? Help tidy up! We also keep a board on our fridge to help us remember what’s going on each day so there’s no last minute rush to the door.
7. Just keep moving. If you have a seemingly insurmountable amount of dishes to do, just keep moving and you’ll get through them. Just tell yourself to keep moving (and maybe put a little music on to help).
8. Learn to say no. It’s much worse to force yourself to add yet another task to your list that you don’t enjoy versus the (possible) sting of telling someone no.
9. Prepare an entire week’s worth of breakfasts on Sunday so it’s one less meal you have to worry about during the week.
10. Pay off your debt! The more debt you have, the more stress you have. The more stress you have, the less energy you have. You see where I’m going here. Make sure you’ve got a well-detailed budget, build additional income streams when you can, and be on the lookout for an upcoming post about how I’ve paid off over $10,000 in debt so far this year!